The following process is in place to identify and assist those who qualify for Financial Assistance.
- All scheduled procedures are reviewed prior to patient registration. If a patient is uninsured or unable to make satisfactory payment arrangements, our Financial Counselors will contact the ordering physician to determine if the procedure could be postponed until arrangements are made. If the procedure can not be postponed, our Financial Counselor will screen the patient for financial assistance.
- If a patient is not screened prior to or at the time of registration, the patient will be billed as usual.
- Upon request of the patient or a family member, a Financial Assistance Application (FAA) will be mailed or given to the patient. A Financial Counselor can complete or assist in completing the form if necessary.
- The completed application must be returned within 30 days of receipt or it will be denied.
- The form will be reviewed by a Financial Counselor to verify all information and make an initial assessment. Based upon the patients income level, various payment options will be presented and discussed.
- All FAA's must be approved by the Patient Access Manager and/or the Director of Patient Financial Services or the CFO.
To talk with a Financial Counselor, please call 256-341-2528 or 256-341-2898.
If you have questions about your bill or would like to make payment arrangements, please call 866-947-5182 or 256-341-2215.