North Alabama's Only Adult Cancer Camp
With support from Decatur General Foundation, Telephone Pioneers of America, and Pepsi of Decatur, this three-day, two-night camp for adult cancer survivors is held twice a year at Camp McDowell in Nauvoo, Alabama.
- A time for listening and learning.
- A time for sharing and caring.
- Discussion of lifestyle adjustments in coping with cancer.
- Learning how to give and receive family support.
- Education about medically related concerns and treatment side effects.
- Nutritional information.
- Creative outlets through the use of arts and crafts.
One of the special activities at each camp is building birdhouses. The significance of the bluebird houses is derived from the Telephone Pioneers' project of preserving bluebirds in the Southeast, and hence the name, "Camp Bluebird."
For more information, please call 256.341.2393 or email email@example.com.